Christmas Cookies for Dogs below!
The holidays are a time for family, celebration and great food! However, there are many things this holiday season that we should be careful not to feed our dogs as some human foods can be toxic to dogs.
Here are a few things to avoid:
-Sugar free foods contained xylitol
-Bones from any type of meat
Although there is a lot of foods dogs shouldn't be eating doesn't mean they have to miss out on the holiday festivities. Enjoy this homemade dog treat recipe and for added fun use your holiday cookie cutters to turn the treats into fun shapes!
-2 cups whole wheat flour
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1 cup peanut butter (avoid sugar free brands as these may contain the artificial sweetener, xylitol)
-1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
-water as needed
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all above ingredients and as water as needed if the dough seems dry.
3. Roll out dough and use cookie cutters to create treats.
4. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes.
5. Allow to cool before allowing your animals to enjoy!
Recipe from Aimee Beltran from Barkpost. To see her full article: https://barkpost.com/life/christmas-cookie-dog-treat/